Medical Student Resume
Everyone starts his/her career as a professional student. To get the first break in the industry requires dedicated efforts and passion for the job. A medical student resume can be an effective tool for medical students to get their first job. Considering the responsibility and reliability which a doctor carries on his/her shoulders, hospitals exercise a lot of precautions while recruiting fresher.
This emphasizes on the need to carefully draft the medical student resume, so that the employers are convinced of your skills, and can entrust you with responsibilities. Elements like training and professional skills can provide you the much required support to portray a promising candidature. Being a student, an employer does not expect a candidate to perform high skill tasks from day one, but hopes that he/she would be able to grasp the skills quickly with the knowledge foundation casted during the professional education. Therefore, if a student has achieved significant awards, they can be included in the resume for gaining advantage over other applicants.
A sample medical student resume, which can be easily found on the web, can provide you the necessary information required for drafting a striking resume. However, to find a suitable resume with reliable information depends upon your ability to explore the web. We have given a sample medical student resume below, which can be customized and referred to, for assistance in drafting the resume.
Example Resume: Medical Student Resume
Brandy L. Snow
1391 Cambridge Court
Natural Dam, Arizona - 72948
Tel: (479) 929 8744
In quest of a challenging job with a reputed organization, where I can explore my skills and bring them to effective use; and contribute towards organizational goals achievement, along with opportunities for professional development.
- Course: MD (Doctor of Medicine)
Institute: Arizona Institute of Advance Education (1002 N, 8th Ave., Phoenix, AZ)
Year: 2009 - present
- Course: MBBS (Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
Institute: Phoenix Medical College (815 S, 18 August St., Phoenix, AZ)
Year: 2004 - 2009
- Hospital/ healthcare center: Green valley Medical Center, Peoria Ave., Phoenix, AZ
Term: May 2008 - December 2009 (Mandatory 18 months service)
- Assisted senior doctors in administering treatment to patients
- Counseling the patients and the visitors (relatives)
- Doing follow up on medical treatment for patients
- Coordinating with different medical departments for complete checkup, such as radiology, pathology, neurology etc.
- Assist patients with daily activities
- Prepare medical-gauges and other pre-requisites for surgical treatments
- Ensure timely medication
- Provide first aid for minor injury cases
- Assist the doctor during operations
- Regular check up of ICU/CCU patients
- Assisted in operating radio equipment such as sonogram, X-Ray machine, CT Scan machine, MRI machine
- Maintain written record of complete treatment, inclusive of all reports
- Hospital/ healthcare center: Bradford Health Services, Buckskin St., Phoenix, AZ
Term: 2009 - 2010 (volunteer services)
- Provide primary medication for new cases
- Counsel the patients and their relatives/friends
- Administer first aid
- Ensure that programs launched by government are effectively followed
- Assist in maintaining inventory of primary medicines
- Instruct nursing assistant for follow ups
- Ensure smooth functioning of OPD (Outpatient Department)
- Maintain log of all patients treated at OPD, and those admitted to the hospital
- Assist patients for planning recommended diet
- First aid awareness
- Operational knowledge of radiology equipment
- Knowledge of different drugs and their uses for medical diagnosis, including brands and their compositions
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Pleasant personality
Interests and Hobbies:
- Reading books
- Adventure sports
References would be provided on prior request.
I, Brandy L. Snow, hereby declare that all details given above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
|Date: December 16, 2011||Place: Phoenix, AZ|
While referring to the above given medical student resume sample, care must be taken that number of pages are restricted to 3 (maximum), unless you have considerable information to share. Being a fresher (student), an employer does not expect a candidate to have advanced skills, but strong basic skill-sets. You can also include a resume cover letter in your job application to provide a befitting introduction for the resume.
We hope you will find the information helpful in drafting an influential medical student resume.
All the Best!!!
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume