Military Resume for Entering Civilian Work Force
Military people on discharge from active service, are desperately sought by different organizations for their leadership skills, and work discipline. If you are able to promote the same qualities through your Military resume for entering civilian work force, you can design an impressive resume, which can grab the employer's attention and win you the desired job.
A Military resume for entering civilian work force needs to be modified appropriately, so that it also includes skills required in civil lifestyle, along with qualities imbibed during the military life. Your resume should be able to communicate the transition from military to a civilian life, and how you can adapt to the changes while delivering your job responsibilities satisfactorily. Always remember that, your resume helps the employer to create a professional image of yours, and so it should convey the same image as required by the given job profile.
The sample military resume for entering civilian work force, given in this section will guide you in formulating your resume in an impressive manner, and win the interview call, where you can personally explain your claim for candidacy. Depending upon the industry you are willing to join post retirement, you must make appropriate changes so that your resume portrays the relevant professional profile of yours. However, note that there are certain skills possessed by military personnel, and are always preferred by civilian employers, and the same should be adequately promoted to boost your selection chances. This would include: discipline, punctuality, adaptability, leadership skills, self motivation, self confidence, dedication, commitment, ability to take initiatives and most importantly goal orientation.
If you can effectively demonstrate these skills in your military resume for entering civilian work force, along with other professional and technical requirements, you can optimize your selection chances manifold.
Example resume: Military resume for entering civilian work force
11/B Asiatic Ave
Tel: (279) 208 4324
Looking for an exciting opportunity with a reputed healthcare provider, with opportunities to implement and explore my skill-sets while delivering quality treatment to the patients, and help achieve the organization goals.
By virtue of my experience and education, I have imbibed the following skills which can be helpful in delivering my job responsibilities satisfactorily.
- 8 years of experience in medical treatments (medicine and psychiatry)
- Highly organized and personalized approach for any diagnosis
- Eye for detail
- Hands on experience in handling emergency cases
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Complete case management
- Ability to plan rehabilitation programs as well
Designation: Vice Admiral
Unit/Location: South West coastal regions
- In charge of Command Hospital and other subsidiaries unit hospitals
- To ensure all procedures are followed as per the SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Conduct regular and surprise check ups
- Keep all facilities updated, and include recent technologies and procedures
- Liaise with other units for support and tactical planning
- Ensure sufficient manpower at all times
- Develop training plans for new recruits
- Coordinate with HQs (headquarters) for planning and implementation of various strategies
Designation: Rear Admiral
Unit/location: USS Rescue (united States Hospital Ship)
- In charge of complete ship and all its activities
- To attend to rescue calls and provide immediate relief and first aid to injured
- Ensure all facilities and inventory on board are up to date
- Keep the ship ready at all times at war-fit levels
- Coordinate with other unites and ships in the area for strategic plans
- Guide and supervise complex treatment procedures or those involving patients in critical state
- Manpower planning for adequate staff on board
- Conducting routine exercises and mock drills regularly to ensure preparedness at all times
- Develop, monitor and execute the training sessions
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) from Naval Medical Academy
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science) from AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College)
- All references will be provided only if asked for
I, hereby, declare that all details furnished above are true to best of my knowledge.
|Lt. Col. Aaron Campbell (Retired)||Date: dd/mm/yyyy||Place: Miami, Florida.|
In the above given sample military resume for entering civilian work force, you can further add details like awards received, or any information which can enhance your selection chances, under suitable titles. Note that, the sample resume is for medical job opportunity, and so the experience shown is that of medical profile candidate. You can make suitable changes and use it for different job openings such as technical, security and Management etc.
We hope you find the information on military resume for entering civilian work force, helpful in drafting a job winning resume.
Sample Questions | Career Options | Speech Topics | Resume