Sales Executive Resume
A resume is useful to present your academic and professional information to the prospective employer. The employer judges and understands you based on your resume. Thus, a resume should reflect you, your skills and potential. A sales executive resume should be such that, it caters to the requirements of the sales field, and presents you as the most eligible candidate for the said job role. To understand, what should be included in a sales executive resume, one must understand the job role and eligibility criteria for the same. Usually, the job advertisement provides this information, but if not, one can search for the job descriptions over the internet, and decide on the content of the resume. The sales executive is also known as a sales representative, salesman, sales personnel, etc.
To help you with it, here is a brief job description for the post of Sales Executive:
- A sales executive has to be exceptionally good in communication skills - both written as well as spoken. He/she should be fluent with the regional and business languages used in his/her region.
- He/she needs to possess complete knowledge of the product or service he/she is selling. This is important, because it will make him/her confident while approaching the clients.
- He/she is usually the face of the company for the client, thus, needs to be presentable
- Convincing power and decision- making to some extent is also needed. He/she must be able to decide, whether a prospect is worth taking the efforts in terms of revenue generation.
- He/she has to work in a target-based environment, which usually creates pressure and mental stress. Thus, he/she should be competent in dealing with the same.
This is a generic description for any sales executive profile. Responsibilities and roles might vary from one organization to the other. Read the sample resume given below, to get a better idea of a good resume.
Adam E. Gamblin
2213 Alexander Drive
Arlington, TX 7601
Email Address: AdamEGamblin@teleworm.com
Constant career growth with continuous learning and hard work that would help me be at the Sales Manager position, five years down the line.
Working as a Jr. Sales Executive for financial products for over a one year, have developed good market knowledge, and excelled in client pitching to convert leads in to clients.
Bachelor's of Commerce - Grade 'A'
Summary of Skills:
- Fluent in communication - written and spoken
- Good convincing power, and positive approach towards things to get the best results
- Complete and updated knowledge of the financial market, to make myself look logical while selling financial products
- Proficient calculation skills, which are a must for a sales executive of financial products
- Well acquainted with taxation laws and procedures
- Ability to work calmly in target based environment, and not let it affect my performance in a negative way
- Self- motivated and like to take initiatives at work
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
Proficient with basic computer operations and social networking
- Current Employer: Kotak Financial Services (January 2011 - till date)
Designation: Jr. Sales Executive
- Reporting to the sales team lead on a regular basis and clarifying doubts if any
- Cold calling, lead generation and bulk promotional emailing
- Fixing appointments with interested clients and understanding their requirements either over the phone or in the first meeting
- Coming up with solutions to their requirements in terms of financial products, and pitching them with the right products
- Helping the clients choose the most relevant financial products and explaining them the benefits and payment structure calculations
- Updating the existing clients with new product information, market trend, etc.
- Maintaining a record of all the clients and the services availed by them to send timely reminders, notifications, etc.
- Internship: JJ Associates (September 2010- December 2010)
After completing my graduation, I worked as an Intern, until I got my first job. While working as an intern I performed the following actions -
- Accompanied the existing sales executives in their sales meet
- Updated the calling records, data sheets, client details, etc., in the organization's database
- Cold calling, at times in presence of a full-time sales executive
- Understanding the market trend
Awards & Achievements:
- Awarded with the 'Salesman of the Year - 2011' for the first two quarters at Kotak Financial Services for overachieving my sales targets.
- Appreciation letter from some of the clients for delivering excellent services that proved beneficial to them
Flexibility & Mobility:
Supple in terms of location anywhere in USA
(Adam E. Gamblin)
The generic sales executive resume sample given above thus puts forth the professional manner of presenting one's personal and professional details to the employer. Draft a resume on a similar grounds and start hunting for your dream job.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume