When we visit a shopping mall, or our favorite apparel store, we usually see things arranged in a specific order. This arrangement is essential to help the customers get what they want easily, and increase the visibility of goods in a way that it appeals to the customers. A lot of efforts and thought process goes into this arrangement of goods. The person responsible for this is known as a merchandiser. This profile interests those who have a creative mind, who wish to work in a field that gives them utmost freedom of using their creativity, imagination, and dynamic environment. To apply for this job, one needs a well-written merchandiser resume. To draft an effective resume, one must first understand the job profile, such that he/she can present his/her skills and qualifications in sync with the employer's requirement. A merchandiser is very important for the fashion industry. We would discuss about a perfect resume for the same, after studying the job responsibilities of the merchandiser.
A merchandiser or fashion merchandiser can work for a fashion designer, textile manufacturer or a retail outlet. The job title of this person would vary with the industry he/she works. The other titles for the same are Fashion Directors, Fashion Buyers, Textile Merchandisers, Retail Store Managers, Showroom Sales Representatives, Catalog Production Managers, Product Development Managers, and Merchandise Display Artist. Just like the titles, the responsibilities also vary with one's fashion business. Some of the job responsibilities are as follows:
Merchandiser Resume Sample
- Should have a good understanding of fashion trend, and should have an exceptional flair and passion for this industry.
- In the manufacturing field, he/she is involved with the manufacturing processes, including activities like, delivering the order as per the required standard and numbers.
- In retail stores, they are responsible for arrangement of goods in a way that makes things easier for people, and ultimately increase sales.
- Needs to be creative and innovative
- Should be ready to work for long hours
Pamela J. Hurst
722 Jarvisville Road
Freeport, NY 11520
Email Address: PamelaJHurst@teleworm.com
A dynamic and creative fashion designer, with immense passion for designing and merchandising, of apparel; willing to work with the best brand names and use my skills to help the brands perform considerably better.
A budding fashion designer, with one year of work experience with Gold Apparels, working as a Jr. Visual Merchandiser with GOLD, NY. Worked as a trainee for first six months, and was trained on various facts of visual and retail merchandising, designing, etc. Using these skills, would like to work at a senior position, and use my abilities to the fullest.
- Proficient knowledge of various fabrics, colors, and styles
- Proficient in using the latest design software
- Good at conceptualizing
- Good theme planning and execution of the same
- Good presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors of Fine Arts - University of NY, 2008
- Bachelors in Fashion Designing - University of Texas, 2010
- Diploma in Merchandising - University of Texas, 2010
- Stood first in the degree program in the University of NY
- Won the State Level, Mock Fashion Design Show, 2010
- Awarded by Don Paulo for most innovative and creative designs
- Current employer: GOLD APPARELS, NY - January 2010 - till date
Designation: Jr. Merchandiser
- Assist in display of goods
- POD - Point Of Display planning and execution
- Understanding the customer requirements and trend in the market, and thus make the relevant goods visible and available.
- Theme planning
- Assisting the Manager in inventory management
- Meeting the fabric manufacturers along with the Store Manager
- Worked as a Trainee with Just Fashion - August 2009- January 2010
- Assisted the store manager in apparel display
- Collecting and checking orders received from the manufacturer
- Making a list of all the required inventories, and getting the same approved by the Manager
- Learn the techniques of visual merchandising, and assist the store merchandiser
Flexibility & Mobility:
Willing to work anywhere in USA
Pamela J. Hurst
The given merchandiser resume sample puts forth a clear picture of how a candidate should put forth the relevant skills and expertise in front of the employer. A person with higher work experience can place the work experience section first, followed by the academic details.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume