Operations Manager Resume
The operations manager is concerned with planning and controlling a list of various activities associated with operations management. He is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and controlling various tasks associated with operations. He implements different organizational policies in the operations department and provides the management with required feedback essential for policy formulation. As operations head he has to supervise all the tasks and activities carried out in the operations department. He is accountable for smooth functioning of manufacturing operations of the enterprise.
Here is the list of key functions to be carried out by operations manager.
- Planning location and layout of a new production unit and the required facilities
- Decide about various processes to be carried out and solving different issues involved in manufacturing
- Monitoring all the activities linked with production processes and maintenance of machinery
- Optimum utilization of materials and cost control
- Maintenance of inventory levels as per requirement and supervise implementation of inventory control techniques
- Establishment and monitoring of standards and budgets in relations to operations management
Thus, the operations manager is responsible for improving operational efficiency and strict conformance to budgets linked with product manufacturing processes. So, while writing the resume, you have to pay careful attention to highlight proficiency in handling all these operations and the skills required for it.
Operations Manager Resume
Steven L. Morris
3641 Bell Street
New York, NY 10025
Aspiring for the position of a manager and prove my potential in handling responsibilities related to the operational management and thereby effectively contribute towards improvement of operations efficiency.
- Extensive practice in handling operations management functions and manufacturing processes
- Handled responsibilities related to new plant location and layout development
- Wide ranging experience in forecasting and estimation of production requirement
- Well acquainted with various manufacturing processes and sound knowledge of product processing
- Showed a result oriented quality performance
- Good at integration of various activities and efficient operations management
- Expert in managing operations management
- High morale and capable of handling high pressures and work load
- Good communication skills and strong motivational power
- Well familiar with the advanced manufacturing processes
- A good team leader skills
- Expertise in handling manufacturing processes
- Advanced course in Engineering and Product Processes Management
A certified operations manager
The Operations Manager, T & R Industries Ltd., 3961 Charles Street Southfield, MI 48075;
- Monitoring various activities and processes linked with operations management
- Constantly work for the improvement of operations efficiency
- Result orientated operations performance and implementation of different techniques for cost reduction and control
- Establishment of benchmarks and work for the attainment of established standards
- Designing and planning operations processes
- Motivate and lead the operations work force
The Operations Manager, Jones Sellers Mfg. Ltd., 2996 Raver Croft Drive
Cleveland, TN 37311; 2009 - till date
- Influencing and controlling the operations work force
- Effective implementation of organizational policies and strategies related to operations
- Provide management with required feedback for formulation and effective implementation of strategies and policies
- Estimation and preparation of production budgets in terms of required quantity in units and cost involved
- Cost reduction and control with systematic and scientific implementation of advanced techniques such as ABC analysis, ERP planning, inventory management and control etc.
- Completed a Master's degree in 'Operations Management' from Michigan Business School in 2001
- Bachelor's in Engineering
- A diploma course in Advanced Manufacturing Product Processes
- 'The Best Employee of the Year 2010' for efficient operations management and considerable 20% cost reduction
The operations manager is responsible for carrying out a number of operations connected with manufacturing processes and management. He is mainly responsible for improving operational efficiency, cost control, planning, and implementation of different functions linked with manufacturing. So, the resume should focus on professional expertise in carrying out manufacturing processes and proficiency in handling relevant tasks. Feel free to visit more samples for manufacturing manager resume and training manager resume format.