Exercise Scientist Resume
RICHARD K. GREEN
37 Bayberry Court
Gateway, GA 30372
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Exercise scientist with excellent in prescribing and supervising exercise programs, performing therapeutic modalities and conducting clinical exercise and health screening tests. Skilled in developing educational and training materials.
- Perform rehabilitative modalities, including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, whirlpool, iontophoresis, paraffin and TENS unit
- Conduct work conditioning with BTE Work Simulator and LIDO Weight Machine
- Assess resting metabolic rate (Beckman Horizon Metabolic Cart) and resting electrocardiogram (Quinton ECG cart)
- Test pulmonary functions with Puritan-Bennett, Gould Spiro meter and Respirodyne II
- Test strength with Kin-Com III Isokinetic Dynamometer
- Assess body composition, including hydrostatic weighing with nitrogen analysis, Valhalla Medical 1990B Bio-Impedance, and skin fold calipers
physical Abilities Testing Coordinator/Exercise Specialist, Methodist Hospital Industrial Rehabilitation Center, Charleston, WV (Sept 1995-current)
Implemented and market Physical Abilities Testing (PAT) program. Organize and administer on-site job analysis, conduct physical abilities tests and administer PAT certification training sessions. Develop all necessary educational materials.
- Supervise work conditioning sessions, including orientation and instruction.
- Assist occupational therapist in hand clinic with rehabilitative therapy for acute and chronic injuries.
- Maintain and order equipment and therapy supplies.
Health Screening Specialist, Occupational Health Consulting Corporation, Charleston, WV (April 1993-Sept 1995)
Administered on-site corporate health screening, including health risk assessment, flexibility and body composition. Organized staffing and scheduling for corporate health screenings.
- Developed and implemented screening protocols and educational materials
- Initiated and developed staff training manual and training program.
- Conducted individual consultations with clients immediately following screenings.
Administered exercise tests and fitness screenings, including graded exercise tests, muscular strength and endurance.
- Developed exercise prescriptions for clients.
- Recommended and created fitness screening manual, protocols and results handout, which provided necessary educational and follow-up information.
Exercise Specialist Intern, Center for Health and Fitness Services, Charleston, WV (March-June 1992)
Administered maximal and sub-maximal exercise tests and fitness assessments. Developed exercise prescriptions and assisted with on-site health screenings.
- Presented fitness seminars to community groups, which helped educate the public about proper fitness and training.
- Participated in research project on exercise in older adults.
Student Athletic Trainer, West Virginia University, Wheeling, WV (Aug 1989-May 1992)
Performed treatment, preventive and rehabilitative techniques for acute and chronic athletic injuries.
- Served as physical therapy aid in University Hospital.
B.s. in Exercise Science/Counseling Psychology, West Virginia University, Wheeling (1992)
- Certified CPR Rescuer/Community First Aid and Safety, American Red Cross
- Certified Ergonomic Specialist, Ergonomics, Inc.
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Marathon running
Sample Questions | Career Options | Speech Topics | Resume