Nonprofit Agency Director Resume
CYNTHIA J. SNYDER
215 Kelley Rd.
Honolulu, HI 96845
- Nearly 10 years experience in developing community resources, recruiting professional and volunteer personnel and operating efficiently and effectively within budget constraints.
- Solid background in securing grants from proposal stage through reporting on compliance and financial issues.
- Effective public relations skills, including delivering formal presentations, written communications and planning and conducting fund-raising campaigns.
Executive Director, Sioux County Senior Services, Inc., Black Hills, S.D. (August 1988-present)
Supervised organization's service program and daily operations. Work closely with board of directors and carry out policies and programs. Supervise five full-time and 10 part-time staff. Develop programs, solicit funds, recruit board members and train staff members. Oversee two annual fund-raising events.
- Formed not-for-profit entity in 1988 to coordinate needed senior services.
- Built organization into valuable service provider with more than 275 volunteers who offer up to 20 services (such as homemaking, home health care, and tax and insurance assistance) to more than 2,500 seniors in the community.
- Prepare federal, state and private grant proposals with high record of acceptance.
- Plan and administer $325,000 annual budget.
- Established respite care program, which provides relief to family members caring for homebound seniors through qualified volunteers.
Volunteer Coordinator, Arrow County Senior Services, Elgin, Wyo. (Oct 1986-June 1988)
Worked with and scheduled up to 150 volunteers annually to provide variety of services to county's senior citizens. Edited "50 plus" section in local newspaper.
- Secured donated vehicles and scheduled volunteer drivers to establish transportation service.
- Implemented hearing and health screenings for seniors at local fairs and festivals.
- Implemented organization's first Christmas tree fund raiser; which realized nearly $2,000 in profit annually.
- Increased number of volunteers 75% during tenure.
- Established referral system for seniors in need of counseling, tax assistance, insurance assistance and more.
Second Grade Teacher, Elgin Public Schools, Elgin, Wyo. (Sept 1984-June 1988)
Provided appropriate curriculum, guidance and hands-on experiences for 22 children. Provided regular feedback to parents on children's progress. Coordinated and scheduled all field trips for four second-and third-grade classes.
- Worked with administration to establish new guidelines for textbook selection, which improved quality of materials in elementary education classrooms.
- Created volunteer pool to assist with math and reading tutoring during classroom hours, which provided additional assistance to students and increased parental involvement.
- Researched adding computers to elementary education classrooms and helped plan September 1988 implementation.
Counseling Courses, South Dakota University, Rapid City (1990-1992)
Certified Home Economist in Human Services (1989)
President, Zonta International Businesswomen's Association, Rapid City, S.D.
Volunteer, Rapid City Children's Choir
Sample Questions | Career Options | Speech Topics | Resume