Community Outreach Manager
ANNA E. BLUMBERG
123 Pluto Drive,
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
Registered nurse with solid background in health education and social work. Skilled in developing programs and services that directly address community leaders and government agencies to successfully implement programs.
St. Elizabeth Hospital, Detroit, Mich.
Community Outreach Manager (October 1991-current)
Manage neighborhood office, which provides educational services and works to improve living conditions for 2,000 of city's poorest citizens in run-down housing project. Secure grants to fund services and programs. Coordinate work with variety of community and government agencies. Supervise two-member staff.
- Established Resident's Council and led community survey, which determined resident's needs and goals.
- Worked with council and other agencies, including Housing and Urban Development (HUD), to secure grants and build affordable housing for area residents, with June 1996 projected completion date.
- Create and direct family and youth programs, which have reduced area vandalism and juvenile crime.
- Plan and supervise variety of educational and job-training programs, which provide residents with needed information and skills.
- Currently working on program to reduce infant mortality rate by establishing neighborhood store where mothers may "purchase" maternity and baby items with coupons received for obtaining prenatal and well-baby care.
Community Outreach Coordinator (April 1992-October 1994)
Managed outreach program that works with community leaders and residents. Managed budget and two staff members.
- Supervised survey to determine needs of rural community and developed necessary resources and staff to address identified issues.
- Worked with community to establish co-operative day care, which provides quality child care and helps adults develop job skills and learn good parenting skills.
- Developed mobile health program, staffed by hospital medical residents, to provide pre-natal and well-baby care.
- Created referral system with cooperation from local ministerial board, school system, physicians and county offices, which helps residents secure needed services.
- initiated and implemented hearing and health screening in local festivals and fairs that target the elderly and determine their health care needs.
Cared for routine GYN post-surgery patients and GYN oncology patients. Administered chemotherapy and cared for routine post-partum and C-section patients.
- Earned 1991 Quality Care Award.
|June 1989||B.S. in Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor|
Volunteer Educator, Campaign for Healthy Babies, Detroit
Sample Questions | Career Options | Speech Topics | Resume