Sample Nursing Resume
Sample nursing resume must emphasize on your special set of credentials and present in the reverse chronological order. Basically, your resume should target the mind of your prospective employer in order to grab the golden opportunity of being selected for an interview. It must be impressive enough to create a solid impact impression on them leaving behind the other candidates who have applied for the similar job position. The resume sample for nursing must be well organized and readable enough to talk about your goals and objectives towards the applied field or profession. In addition, you can also mention your special achievements, honors or public service in order to have an upper hand on the available job opportunity.
However, the main task or purpose of a nursing job is to help the patients with their medicines and provide other medical attention. They have to collaborate with other medical teams that include the general practitioners and multidisciplinary members for motivating the patients, families, and friends. In addition, they have to promote, develop and implement the health plans in order to perform the logical duties.
Individuals who prefer to work in this profession should have the potential to work round the clock and the generosity to serve the patients. Here, you are provided with a free resume sample for nursing.
Brian G. Wilson
1733 Johnny Street,
Milwaukee, WI - 53202
Contact no. : (414) 244-9500
Aspire to find a nursing position that can enhance my practical experience with complete health care quality to the patients. Wish to utilize and expand the education and training to the highest level of care.
Fifteen years of experience in the field of nursing and hold competent record of consistency and responsibility. Possess strong skills and capability in handling various kinds of sensitive situations. Awarded for implementing basic solutions for multifarious problems.
- Professional Nursing Course in Psychotropic medication from the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, PA
- Completed post graduation in Health Care from Buckingham College of Nursing, PA in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed graduation in Nursing from Boston University, MA in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Edison National School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Competent in handling needs of the patients and deliver them on timely services
- Exceptional power over both verbal and written communicational skills
- Efficient in monitoring the patients and offer post operative information to the patients
- Capable of maintaining a good understanding with patients, family, staff members and friends
- Work and communicate efficiently with various cultures and regions of people
- Extremely professional during the critical operations or mass incidents
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Familiar in working with the database management, health promotion and management, etc.
- Expert in handling the Windows XP and Windows 98 software, MS-Access, MS-Excel and other MS-Office
- Expert in Windows NT and Windows XP
- Capable of handling the work on Internet Explorer, etc.
Current Employer: Holy Cross General Hospital (2007 - till date)
Designation: Staff Nurse
- Looked after the patients problems and adhere towards the infection control protocols
- Efficiently maintain the communicating actions of the nurses and other medical staff members
- Performed various tests and assisted in the clinical research of the general practitioners
- Efficiently monitored the patients charts and provided daily medications as per the guidelines
- Assisted the senior surgeons in the complicated operations and took care of the confidential medical files
Previous Employer: Mercy West Hospital (2006-2007)
Designation: Nursing Aid
- Handled the patients and observed their medical status and notified the doctors about the clinical changes
- Assisted the senior doctors and surgeons on complicated operations
- Efficiently maintained the records of the several patients and interacted with the respective department
- Evaluated the behavior of the staff members and as well as supervised the staff nurses on the assigned floors
- Scheduled on timely meetings with the doctors and looked after the admittance and discharge of the patients
Achievements and Awards:
- Winning Team member of the College and National level basketball team, Boston
- Awarded for providing health counsel to the patients at the orphanages and old age homes
- Awarded for patient advocacy and continuity in care for the disabled patients
- Rewarded for managing the physic and critical cases efficiently
- Awarded with 'Best Nurse Award' for handling the medication administration efficiently in the Mercy West Hospital
- Time-honored awards for volunteering interest in emergency wards
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Participated in basketball tournaments at College and National levels
- Active member of 'Clinical Child Club' for handling the kids health care needs
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Seattle and Texas
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Brian G. Wilson
Here, the presented resume can obviously assist you in preparing your own application letter. You have to take certain efforts to prepare an impressive resume in order to grab the attention of your prospective job employer. The described job responsibilities are for the forth coming employees who can get a better view of their respective profession. Your emphasized resume sample for nursing can help you to reach your desired goal and excel in your career.