Sample Medical Resume
A sample medical resume can be written for any of the numerous posts in the medical sector. One of such posts is the post of pediatric dentist. A pediatric dentist deals with the tooth care among children. He ensures a normal, overall growth of teeth in little children till their teens and treats them for any dental defects or deformities. With a timely treatment and right medication, he ensures good dental health among children.
This position requires a doctor to be good with children; he should know how to handle them while performing any procedure on them. They need to be friendly with the children and put them at ease before going ahead with any painful procedures.
Please go through the following sample medical resume for a better understanding about how to draft such a resume.
Dr. Fredrick Pegg, Pediatric Dentist,
21st Fyodor St.
Bellmore, NY 11710
To treat upon dental ailments in children and help them in attaining a 100% healthy dental state.
- 6 years of experience in the field of pediatric dentistry.
- Specializing in filling, laser treatments, and fitting of reconstructed denchers.
- Expertise in training and supervising new dental trainees
- Ability to handle the kids in a friendly manner while operating on them.
- Up-to-date with the new developments in the field of dental care.
- Hands-on experience in dental x-rays, removing of damaged teeth and fitting denchers.
- Ability to easily become friends with children
- Good diagnosis and prescription skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in handling outdoor campaigns
- Excellent with equipment
- Speak fluent English
- Internet savvy
- Browning Hospital
Pediatric Dentist (2008-till present)
- Head of the department
- Specialist in dental fillings and dental reconstruction
- Trained a staff of 2 junior dental trainees under me
- Gave consultations on certain cases
- XYZ Dental Clinic
- Part of the dental research team
- Worked under direct supervision of the senior staff dentist
- Worked extensively with children, talking to them, understanding their concerns and treating them with precision and empathy.
- Following-up their progress and evaluating the effectiveness of the therapy
- Planning and scheduling dental surgeries
- Masters in Dental Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 2004-'05
- Bachelor in Medical Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 2000-'04
Other Courses Undertaken
- Certification course in child psychology, XCX Medical Centre for Research and Psychoanalysis
- Presented a research paper on Dental Health while representing XYZ Dental Clinic at the National Dental Sciences Convention
- Immaculate record with surgical precision for which a certificate of recognition was awarded to me by the XYZ Dental Clinic management.
- Have successfully used my knowledge about child psychology to treat them efficiently and with precision.
- XCX Medical Centre for Research and Psychoanalysis- Regular contributor to the monthly magazine
- National Dental Sciences Convention- On the annual magazine editing team
Each and everything is to be clearly segregated under different headings and sub-headings. This pediatric dentist resume is just an example of the many kinds of resume types that come under this broad category of medical resume. The format shown here is the combination format that is used when skills and experience are to be given importance over other things. Likewise, other kinds of resume formats can also be used according to your need. You can refer to this sample to take points from here on structuring a good medical resume. You can also refer to internet to find out more about other available resume formats.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume