There are many kinds of medical assistants from various medical branches who write medical assistant resumes while searching for better prospects. One important point to be kept in mind while writing such a resume is- clearly mention the post for which you are applying. You need to describe, to the recruiter, the details about your experience in the related field, and this could be done by, crisply and concisely, writing about your previous job roles. Mention clearly the departments where you have worked previously- ECG, X-Ray, Dental, CPR, etc.
The other things that you need to keep in mind while writing the resume are:
- Your full name with right spellings
- Correct address
- Work experience with names of offices and designations that you have previously held.
- Educational background with details of additional certificate courses (if available)
- Your specific and most important achievements in the field till now, along with copies of certificates of recognition attached with the resume
- References from your previous managers and colleagues- preferably with their email id and phone numbers
- Always include a cover letter with your resume. This will help the recruiter in judging you more accurately.
Following is a medical assistant resume sample for your reference.
23-A Green Grove Rd
Bowling Green, KY 42104
January 9, 2011
To secure the post of pediatric medical assistant at your reputed hospital and gain more in terms of my professional experience. I also strive to be up-to-date with the latest developments in pediatric field.
- Total experience of 8 years in the field as a medical assistant.
- Worked extensively in pediatric field
- Good at administrative duties like handling reception, patient care and handling medical dispensary.
- Can handle small procedures, like getting children ready for treatment.
- Good and patient with children
- Good at administrative workings of the department
- Ability to assist the doctor with equipment and medicines
- Knowledge about basic medical procedures. Can also handle small procedures like dressing up of wounds, giving injections, sterilizing equipment before use, etc.
- Proficient at front desk operations
- Strong computer skills with good knowledge of intra-net layouts
- Good at handling last minute contingencies
Institute of Pediatric Care, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Medical Assistant (2007-till present)
- Making patient database and updating it with follow-up treatment details.
- Checking the vitals of the patients and recording the same.
- Sterilizing equipment before every procedure
- Checking and verifying patient medical insurance and assisting them in completing medical paper work.
- Giving medicines to the patients
Medical Assistant (2003-2007)
- Managed the waiting patients and filled medical forms.
- Assisted the doctors in CPR procedures under emergency situations.
- Assisted the nursing staff in dispensing medicines to the in-house patients.
- Diploma in Medicine, Medical College of Kentucky, 2003, recognized by National Health of America
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting, 2001
- Experience of working in both, pediatric and dental field.
- Learned to carry out small procedures independently
- Completed my diploma with distinction.
(Here, you can put the names, contact numbers, email id of your references)
This is how you structure a medical assistant resume letter. Take into account the above points under introduction section like- name, full address, exact name of companies and departments previously worked in, educational background, references and cover letter. The cover letter will serve as an introduction to your resume. A recruiter will read your resume after going through your cover letter, which would be a brief about your USP and key contributions to the field of medicine. In addition, the reader would like to, sometimes, crosscheck the authenticity of your professional information given by you. Correct contact information and designations will help in corroborating the information in a speedy manner, thus simplifying things for him.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume