Store Manager Resume
A store manager performs the day to day functions linked with the stores department and efficiently manages all the activities of stores (inventory) so that the cost involved would be minimized. Thus, he is accountable for careful handling of raw materials and makes materials available for the smooth functioning of operations.
It involves a list of different functions which can be enlisted as follows.
- Handling inventory control and management linked functions and ensure quick supply of inventory, supplies and spare parts required for manufacturing of the product
- Efficient utilization of facility layout for stores management
- Safety and security of the materials
- Systematized record keeping of receipts, issues and balance of materials in the stores for establishing proper check and control
- Implementation of the advanced inventory control tools and techniques
- Maintenance of records in relation to general ledger and inventory
Stores manager is thus responsible for carrying out a number of tasks associated with the post and functions for smooth operations relating to operations and stores. In this way, he provides complementary services and is considered one of the essential elements for scientific and systematic cost reduction.
While writing a resume for the post, you have to emphasize the relevant skills, accomplished credentials, and professional expertise or practice in dealing with the issues associated with it.
Sample Store Manager Resume
David A. Block
4392 Victoria Court
Rumford, ME 04276
With the wide ranging practice in inventory control and management, I would like carry out the job as a stores manager and effectively contribute towards cost reduction and efficient management of the stores department thereby increasing the organization's profitability.
- 5 years' extensive experience in carrying out stores functions
- Efficiently managed stores department and handled semi- automated functions associated with it
- Implementation of advanced inventory control techniques and establishment of control measures for its efficient management
- Handled administration and organization duties as an office administrator for 6 months
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good analytical and mathematical attitude
- Well acquainted with knowledge of advanced inventory control tools and methods
- Quick learning, flexible and adaptive to changes
- Proficient in managing stores issues and establishment of control measures
- Familiar with the semi- automated stores maintenance systems and electric record keeping with the help of bar-coding system
- Keep track of inventory with the help of e-system
- Familiar with programming languages and useful Microsoft applications
- Advanced diploma in stores keeping and management
The Stores Manager T&N; Mfg. Industries Ltd. 4345 Alexander Drive Aubrey, TX 76227 2008 - till date
- Assisted management in implementation of various inventory control techniques
- Management of stores functions and scientific implementation of organizational policies and strategies
- Provide management with necessary feedback required for policy formulation and establishing effective control
- To comply with the procedural formalities and maintenance of required documentation for future reference
- To receive and closely inspect incoming materials and safety issues
The Stores Keeper, Crept. Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd. 3521 Jody Road Lansdowne, PA 19050, 2005-2008
- Maintenance of different levels of stock for smooth functioning of operations and marketing management
- To facilitate inventory control and management with the help of advanced tools and techniques and systematically try to reduce inventory cost
- To make available the required materials for operations department and carefully discharge all the functions associated with the same right from receipt of material to issuing of it to operations department
- Preparation of budgets and reports based on careful analysis and interpretation of the available data
- Completed a Business Administration Program from the California School of Business with specialization in Materials Management
- A Diploma course in 'Advanced Stores Controls and Management'
- A certification course in 'Recent Developments in the Area of Materials Operations Handling'
- Received 'The Best Employee Award for the Year 2009' for scientific reduction of inventory and causing a considerable 20% cost reduction
- 'The Consistent Performer Award' for providing efficient services, control and management of inventory
The job profile of a store manager includes a variety of functions linked with management of stores function. Therefore, you need to highlight the necessary credentials, skills, and professional expertise in handling matters related to efficient management of stores activities. It is one of the crucial areas where the corporation can save a high amount of cost incurred with efficient stores management.