Copy Editor Resume
This article includes a copy editor resume sample which can be used by professional copy editors working in a newspaper office, an ad agency or in a publishing house, where their work is to go through all the written content generated by the writers and edit it as per the given instructions or brief. Their services are hugely required in web-content development. Each article on every page is checked by an editor's scrutinizing eyes before it is approved for uploading. Even in the ad world, where there is a heavy usage of banners, flyers, newspaper inserts, and direct mailers, an editor performs his/ her duties by checking each and every copy generated by content writers/ copy writers. The job of a copywriter/ content writer is to take the given brief and write a suitable copy/ article on it, which also includes, proofreading it on one's own end before forwarding it to the copy editor for another proofreading.
On the skills side, the candidate, for this post, is required to have strong English grammar along with good creativity. He should be good at research and should have proven skills in copy or content writing. On the education front, there is no need of any specific has-to-be kind of educational qualifications mentioned in his profile.
Following is a copy editor resume sample for your reference.
22-F Ring Rd
Apple Valley, CA 92308
To deliver quality content by eliminating any chances of discrepancies in the supplied content in contrast to the given brief.
- 7 years of experienced as a writer
- Equipped with rich experience, thanks to my journalism background as a news editor
- Worked as a copy editor with Penguin Online.
- Winner of XYZ award at my last job, promoted to the post of senior copy editor
- Excellent in grammar, punctuation, euphemisms with respect to American English.
- Strong editorial skills with a speed of 120 words per minute
- Knack for strong titles that easily reach the target audience
- Strong leadership and teaching skills to guide the writers towards producing increasingly better content.
- Clear understanding of tone and language required for online content and ad content.
- Typing speed of 60+ words per minute
- Good with researching
- ABC Writers
Senior Copy Editor (2008 till Present)
- Worked on online Health articles for our client American Health Association
- Led a team of 6 copy writers and monitored their content and writing style on daily basis
- Wrote sales-oriented ad copies for our corporate clients
- Designed the entire Mangold ad campaign, winner of last year's DAS Award.
- Penguin Online
Copy Writer (2006-2008)
- Wrote ad copies for our clients in IT and infrastructure field.
- Record of writing mistake-free copy
- Wrote copy for brochures and company newsletters
- GAQ Newspaper
Lifestyle Reporter (2004-2006)
- Meeting celebs for interviews
- Working in a team
- Researching and preparing questions
- M.A. English from Chicago University, 2004
- Graduation in Journalism from GK Institute of Journalism Studies, 2002
- Excellent record in meeting deadlines
- Winner of XYZ award at ABC Writers because of my impressive performance
This is a sample of a copy editor resume. You can check out some more resumes written in other formats, this being a combination format. Always remember to mention details about your work experience in a reverse chronological order. Mention your designation and period of tenure clearly and precisely. Always put the most impressive details in the very first initial bullet points.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume