Resumes are written to apply for the jobs, and explain the employer about your eligibility for the same, by putting forth one's academic and professional details in a systematic manner. Resumes are categorized as per industry and work profile. When we say bank resume, we mean resumes written by candidates applying for banking jobs. Such a resume would include information that caters to the requirements of the banking industry in general, and the particular job profile in specific. We would discuss one such banker resume sample, with the help of a bank teller resume sample given below. However, before writing any resume, it becomes utmost important that we understand the job profile by reading the job description for the same.
Bank teller is an entry-level position in the banking industry. Tellers need to possess extremely good customer service skills and should be capable of handling a wide variety of financial services.
- Process financial transaction
- They are expected to be highly accurate, meticulous, and security conscious in their work
- Communicate and serve the customers effectively and confidently
- They must handle withdrawals, deposits, change cash checks, currency, money order's etc.
- They might at times sell other products and services of the banks to the customers
Scope of growth:
This position usually serves as a stepping-stone to move on to other high-level jobs. With acquired experience, training and education, tellers can move on to become credit analysts, lending officers or personal bankers. They can even work in related fields like investment banking, mortgage banking or accounting.
Bank Teller Resume Sample
Shannon C. Goodman
2647 lar Avenue
San Diego, CA 92139
Willing to work as a full time bank teller with the best banks and financial institutions, and deliver best services to the customers, making a positive contribution to the organization I work for. Wish to work and grow in an organization with the help of my expertise, passion for work and dedication.
Worked as an accountant with a retail store, and now as a bank teller, I have a strong hold on finance and accounting. Working as a bank teller since the past six months with ING Bank, I have gained expertise and knowledge of various bank products, services and procedures.
Professional Skills Summary
- Fluent in regional languages and English
- Proficient computer skills
- Typing speed of 50wpm
- Capable of handling accounts and balance sheets independently
- Experienced in customer service and handling customer queries independently
- Experienced in working with the latest accounting software
- Familiar with banking procedures, documentation, tax laws, and benefits
- Presently working with ING Bank (June 2011 till date)
Role: Bank teller - part time, 25 hours a week
- Handle daily financial transactions for bank customers
- Accept loan installments, cash checks deposited at the bank, currency exchange, etc.
- Responsible for balancing teller drawer for transactions and cash receipts
- Pitch the bank customers for other products and services of the bank
- Assist the customers in documentation and tax exemption
- Handle customer queries, and try to resolve the same independently
- Promotion of bank products by sending promotional emails
- Data entry and maintaining personal details records, of the customers
- Valero Convenience Stores (February 2010 - June 2011)
- Handle day-to-day transactions at the store
- Responsible for all bank related functions of the store like deposits, withdrawals, payments, filing income tax, etc.
- Maintain the balance sheet and prepare for audits
- Process customer orders and make the relevant entry in the system before delivering the goods to the customers
- Assist the owner in salary calculations, and deposits of the same for the employees of the store
- Awarded with an appreciation letter and cash award, for delivering the most satisfactory services to bank customers in least tenure
- Bachelors in Finance and Accounting - University of California - 2010
- Diploma in Computer Accounting - Institute of Computer Accounting, CA - 2010
Proficient in basic computer operation and fluent with MS Excel
Would prefer working in San Diego
Available on request
Shannon C. Goodman
This sample resume gives a complete idea about the candidate applying for the position of a bank teller. She is well acquainted with banking procedures, and has experience in accounting and handling cash. Bank tellers usually do not require specific qualifications; however, some banks might need at least a Bachelor's in Accounting and/or Finance. Using this resume sample, one can draft any other bank resume, i.e., apply for any other position in the bank.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume