Sample Geologist resume should be appropriate and outstanding enough to disclose the mysterious crust and interesting facts about you. Geologists study about the earth's surface and similarly the prospective job recruiter studies your resume. In order, to compel your recruiter to completely go through your resume you have to draft an exceptional resume. In addition, you have state your educational background, some of your major achievements, and overall work experience in order to highlight your resume. For gaining an extra hand over the job opportunity, you have to mention your purpose and area of interest in the particular applied profession. These major facts can certainly help you in getting a good hold on the recruiters' mind, which would help you in getting selected for an interview.
Basically, the job of a geologist is to examine and analyze the geological testing samples for crude oil, petroleum, and other products that are extracted. They are also responsible of making a detailed study towards the geological mapping of the geographical area, collecting the important mineral samples for detailed research and study, verify the material or physical and chemical properties of the extracted minerals and examine their proportions and standards. Hence, individuals applying for the particular field should possess better understanding and knowledge regarding the grading of the extracted minerals and their molecular properties.
You have to skillfully prepare your sample resume for geologist as well as try to create a huge impact on your prospective job recruiter. For your assistance, you are provided with a free sample resume for geologist.
Jasmine S. Leblanc
1198 Arron Smith Drive,
Pearl City, HI - 96782
Email: [email protected]
Contact no. : (808) 435-0975
Willing to work as a geologist in a competitive corporation where my skills and working capabilities are challenged. Build my work experience and utilize this knowledge in serving the needs and requirements of the company. Wish to gain extensive knowledge or principles and enhance it gradually.
Ten years of experience in the particular field and possess wide knowledge and understanding regarding the interrelationships between the surrounding and distribution of the organic life. Competent enough to increase the growth of the organization or corporation.
- Vocational degree in Database design and management from American Institute of Professional Geologists, Colorado
- Completed post graduation in Geology from University of Los Angeles, CA in March 2003 - Grade A
- Completed graduation in Geosciences from University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia in 2001 - Grade A
- Completed High School from Cambridge International School, in 1998 with Grade A in Science
- Possess efficient verbal and written communicational skills
- In depth knowledge regarding the historical events as well as their origin or causes
- Capable of handling various technical instruments and varied geological techniques
- Efficient familiarity in the study of plant and animal fossils, characteristics of the soil, etc.
- Quite familiar in the process of analysis of the extracted minerals and examining their chemical and physical properties
- Skilled in handling the research work
Technical and Professional Skills:
- Expert in handling the MS-Access, XP software, MS-Excel and other MS-Office
- Expert in Windows, Mac OS system, Arc map products, MGE products, etc.
- Competent of working on SAS and SQL programming
- Familiar in designing the experimental methods, generalized learning techniques, remote sensing, etc.
Current Employer: McKinley Incorporation (2007 - till date)
- Performed certain on site geological work as well as classifying mud for wells
- Handled the photo-gram metric analysis procedures and related it to the available data
- Managed the complicated research and database work for developmental activities
- Monitored the training programs for the fresher and non-technical personnel for improving the quality of work
- Analyzed several extracted minerals and compared their properties to other minerals
- Handled the laboratory testing work and maintained a detail reports of the testing
Previous Employer: New York Geological Survey Department (2006-2007)
Designation: Junior Geologist
- Assisted the coordinators and senior geologists team in research and developmental activities
- Planned and conducted the testing programs on fossils and other extracted minerals
- Investigated the composition and structure of the minerals and organic life in the earth's crust
- Assisted the senior geologists in site selection, restoration of contaminated sites, etc.
- Calculated the major features of the earth's crust and located the probable minerals
Achievements and Awards:
- Winning Captain of the National football team, Cambridge
- Consistent nominee and winner of awards for maintaining the facts, figures and landscaping the county parks
- Awarded with 'Best Employee Award' for spanning the research and important laboratory work in New York Geological Survey Department
- Time-honored awards for training the candidates in computer mapping methods, researching the geological data, etc.
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Took part in football tournaments at national and international levels
- Active member of 'San Jose State University' for engaging geological structural analysis procedures
Mobility and Flexibility:
Willing to relocate anywhere in Cambridge and Oklahoma
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Jasmine S. Leblanc
This sample resume for geologist can certainly provide you an assisting hand in preparing your exceptional resume for the applied job position. Your exceptional resume should compel the prospective job employer to go through your resume in its entirety and place you ahead of every other candidate. Therefore, the described job responsibilities can surely assist the forth coming employees as well as help them in carving a bright pathway for their successful future. In addition, the individuals who wish to be a part of this field or profession should have potential knowledge and understanding in order to excel. Hence, prepare an outstanding resume for geologist and win a bright opportunity of an interview.
Resume Examples [Home]
Customer Service Resume
Food Service Resume
Health Care Resume
Human Resources Resume